Started as a grass-roots initiative in Minnesota to improve patient care in rural hospitals in Minnesota in 1996. The program has grown and now supports rural emergency healthcare education in multiple states as affiliate programs. We also provide education to US Dept of State medical professionals who work at US Embassy sites around the world. We have several international programs and also work with a branch of medical professionals connected through a international immigration organization.
Transition to blended learning that will include online learning as well as in person courses.
Expand/develop an effective model for affiliate programs in the US.
Develop a global program to provide emergency medicine advanced life support education.
Transition/diversify the succession of the founders of the organization to meet the needs of a growing and expanding program.
Annual Budget: $1,000,000 – Earned Income, Government Grants, Contracts
CALS is seeking board members with skills in the following areas:
- Financial Management
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Number of members currently: 13
- Meeting time and frequency: 4 meetings annually
- Meeting location: Western Suburbs
- Does nonprofit carry liability insurance? Yes
- Time Expectation: Up to 5 hours/month
- Financial Contribution Required: No
- Service on Committee Required: Yes
- Committees: Executive, Governance
- Length of Term: 4 Years
- Renewable: Yes